Thursday, September 1, 2011

Brahman

I doth bring forth the fruit of life
The chirrup of the bulbul
The scorch of my flame doth burn and nurture
I pass through the expanses
And the sapling doth blithely sway for my rapture
From the slant I move the light to the o’erhead
In the tall shadows
I see the agitation of the day
In the slant dusk, I see my creation coming to rest
Every birth I mark with another death
A leisurely stoke of my whim
And my creation turns to dust
I banish the light to the gallows
Only to be freed early in the morrow
Laying with the end on the horizon
I flit through Time
Cradling the fledgling in my arms
And crushing the dry leaf ‘tween my palms
Indolence seduces me
I let my creation be
In the unidentifiable hollows of my desires
Lay the three sisters of faith
I turn in my sleep
Beings fear me
And yet know me not
I bring them death and bring them birth I do
From the depths of their bosoms
Doth fear of my next move reside
Like the cloud, there is no end
Through destruction I bring forth more birth
I turn
Fatigue over takes
Will I start it again?
For now, the question remains unanswered
Hung between the spectral and the temporal
My thoughts wander
I fall into a deep slumber
*
Only to awake again
Brahman rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment